What is the GoSquared API?
Last updated: 20th October, 2020
The GoSquared API is a powerful tool for developers that can provide you direct access to the data GoSquared tracks. You can use it to export reports and custom data, power your own dashboards and software or even use it for features on your site, like a trending content widget.
The API is split into 2 sections.
Get data out of GoSquared:
- Now API – provides real-time visitor data about your site.
- Trends API – provides access to aggregate historical data.
- People API – provides access to individual user data.
- Account – retrieve and update your account settings.
Get data into GoSquared
- Tracking API – a restful http API for sending data into GoSquared.
From your Dashboard, simply head to Settings > Your Account > API Access
Click “Add a new API Key” and enable the relevant API. Once the setting is saved, you can copy the API key onto your clipboard and transfer this to the program you want to authenticate.
API Keys are associated to Users, not to projects. If a team member adds an API Key, but their user-access is later removed from the account, then a new API Key will need to be added for the project by an active User.
📚 Dive deeper
Have a further read of our blog posts on all things GoSquared API here.
Struggling to get your API key setup? Just get in touch with us via Live Chat.