Manually Install Ecommerce (Transaction Tracking)
Note: The Ecommerce dashboard is now only included with our Enterprise Plans. Current Ecommerce customers can continue to use their dashboards with their existing plans. However new customers should contact email@example.com to learn more about our enterprise pricing options.
First off, check our list of of ecommerce integrations. If we have an integration with your platform, that will be the easiest way to get GoSquared setup on your store. If not, read on!
To setup transaction tracking manually, there is a small amount of coding involved. If you are uncomfortable with this, it is probably best to speak to your developer and pass this guide along to them.
There are two main aspects of ecommerce transaction tracking to implement:
- The basic GoSquared Analytics code
- Transaction tracking code
GoSquared Analytics Code
Your online store should have the GoSquared Analytics code installed on its pages. You can find out how to do that here.
Transaction Tracking Code
GoSquared for ecommerce supports two different methods of tracking transactions.
1. On the frontend (in the browser) using the transaction functionality built into the GoSquared tracking code.
2. On the backend (server-side) using GoSquared client libraries.
Commonly, orders and transactions are handled by back-office code running server-side. For this, you can track transactions through the GoSquared API. Get started with the API libraries here.
- Sign in to your GoSquared account.
- Create a new project for testing (test transactions cannot be cleared out from your dashboards). This will generate a new project token which you can use to test your tracking implementation.
- Choose a method to use for tracking transactions on your store.
- Follow the library's usage instructions.
- Run some test transactions through your implementation and verify they are appearing on your test project ecommmerce dashboard. Transactions can take a minute or two to appear.
- When you're confident with your tracking, switch the test project token to your production project token in your implementation.
If you have any questions about setting up transaction tracking or are unsure about which method is best for your store, please get in touch and one of our developers will be happy to advise you.