Data privacy in People CRM
Last updated: 18th June, 2018
What data is tracked by People CRM?
People CRM stores data collected through our tracking API on a per-user basis. This data includes, for example:
- Pages viewed when browsing around your site.
- Custom events triggered.
- Any properties you choose to assign to a user (for example: name, email address, demographic data etc.)
- Public profile information (e.g. social network accounts, company information).
- Any message history you've had with that user (through GoSquared Inbox).
See the full guide to what GoSquared automatically tracks here – learn more
What kind of user data can I track in People CRM?
You can track any custom data fields/properties that you like. However, you must ensure that you don't use GoSquared to track/store any restricted or confidential data into GoSquared. For example, make sure you don't track payment card details, restricted health data, or similar information using GoSquared.
See the guide to tracking custom properties – learn more
Who has access to the data in People CRM?
People CRM uses the same data restrictions as our other services, so data associated with a particular project under your account is only accessible by you and anyone with whom you choose to share the project with using our Team Sharing feature.
Full guide to shared user permissions – learn more
What is this "public profile information"?
If you associate an email address with a particular user in People CRM, we will use that email address to look up publicly-available information to enrich that user's profile within People. Some of the information we gather is:
- Social network profiles, e.g. Twitter handle (and follower/following count), Klout score
- Company information, e.g. from LinkedIn
- Profile pictures
Learn more about our automatic data enrichment – learn more