Last updated: 19th July, 2018
Zapier enables you to easily connect GoSquared to almost any other app to create automated workflows. Basically, if GoSquared doesn't already have a direct integration with your favourite app, then Zapier certainly will – all without any coding.
For example, Zapier can push GoSquared contacts in to a 3rd party CRM, send NPS surveys, or add a subscriber to your email marketing system.
You can also pull contact data and custom events in to GoSquared from over 1000 external applications. These automated workflows are all based on simple Triggers and Actions.
Triggers from one app are combined with Actions from another app to create a 'Zap'. GoSquared currently supports 5 Triggers and 2 Actions.
What can I do with Zapier?
Triggers kick off the start of an automated workflow (e.g., when a user views my pricing page, push them into my CRM). You can use several GoSquared data sources as triggers:
- User Entered Smart Group – learn more>
- User Exited Smart Group>
- Traffic Spike>
- Traffic Dip>
- New Chat message>
Actions are things that other apps can tell GoSquared to do. For example, when a user completes a survey in Google Forms, create them as a contact in People CRM.
- Track a custom event – e.g track when a user fails a payment in Stripe>
- Create or Update a profile in People CRM – including adding new custom properties>>
If you haven't already, sign up for a free Zapier account.
- Click Make a new Zap and follow the steps in the Zap builder to set up your first GoSquared Zap.
- When you want to use GoSquared in your Zap, you'll need to give Zapier permission to access one of your GoSquared projects. To do this, log in to your GoSquared account and then navigate to Settings > Current Project > Services > Zapier and copy your Zapier Project Key and paste it into Zapier. I recommend naming the 'connected account' in Zapier the same name as your GoSquared project.
- If you want to connect more than one project you will need to 'Connect a different GoSquared account' for each one of your projects. I'd recommend changing the 'Connected account name' to the name of your project so that its easy to remember which account is for which project.
<p><img alt="Zapier Account Selector" src="https://static.gosquared.com/images/support/screenshots/zapier_account_selector.png" /></p> </li> <br /> <li>Follow the rest of the instructions to set up the Zap, give it a Test and finally turn it on!</li>