Deleting People Profiles
Last updated: 17th June, 2021
Deleting profiles (users) from your Contacts can be useful for many reasons including:
✅ Removing old test profiles clogging up your data.
✅ Removing old users you no longer want to track.
How to delete profiles and their chat history?
The People dashboard allows you to delete specific profiles or a whole groups of profiles at once by applying filters.
Note: Deleting a profile is will erase all of their data and message history. This action cannot be undone. If the person is re-tracked in the future, this will create a new blank person profile for them.
You can also prevent profiles from re-appearing by using the blacklist API.
Delete a specific profile
To delete a specific profile and their message history:
- Search for the profile in Contacts.
- Click through to them to view their full profile details.
- Click the settings cog button at the top left of their profile.
- Select Delete and then confirm!
Note: If you are a free user and have already used up all your free profiles – you will not be able to access your People dashboard to delete profiles. Instead you'll need to – upgrade your plan.
Bulk delete a group of profiles
To delete multiple profiles at once:
- Create a list of people by adding a filter (e.g. 'Last Seen' more than 6 months ago). Alternatively select an existing Smart Group.
- Then click the 'Actions' button a the top right of the list.
- Select 'Delete profiles'.
- Confirm the deletion.
Note: You cannot perform a delete action without first having at least one filter applied.