Last updated: 22nd May, 2018
This feature enables you to capture a new visitor's email address via the Assistant and automatically add them to People CRM.
This means you can easily:
- Capture email addresses without writing a line of code.
- Follow up with leads when they go offline by sending messages via email.
- Qualify leads when Assistant automatically finds their name, photo, job title, company description and social profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn etc) using the email address they provided.
- Gain insightful feedback from your visitors without pushing them away with an ugly "contact us" form.
Learn how to export a list of leads from People CRM.
Lead Capture Modes
Lead capture currently has two modes:
- Passive mode – visitors can choose to leave their email address after starting a chat. This is the default behaviour of the Assistant.
- Email required – visitors must provide their email address before starting a chat. This mode is a premium feature.
The default behaviour of Assistant is to let anybody start a conversation without needing to provide additional information.
This frictionless mode of chat encourages more visitors to start a conversation, and if they like what you have to say, they can choose to leave their email address. This does mean visitors can send messages anonymously, but it also increases the chance of somebody starting a conversation in the first place.
This works by presenting an optional email form after the conversation has started:
You may want to qualify leads before deciding how much time to spend chatting with them. In this mode, visitors must provide their email address up-front before starting a conversation. This only happens the first time they start a conversation – GoSquared will remember who they are on subsequent visits.
To turn this on, head to the 'Lead Capture' section in Settings > Current Project > Assistant and turn on Require email to chat.
Lead form greeting
You can optionally customise the Lead form greeting (the text at the top of the form), or leave it blank to have no greeting.
Note: If a visitor is attempting to reply to a Chat prompt (automatic message), the message from the Chat prompt will be shown at the top of the form instead.
After submitting the form you can use the automatic Confirmation message to let them know you'll reply soon:
You can setup an alternative 'Lead form greeting' and 'Confirmation message' for when your Out-of-Office.
Follow these steps to export a list of all the visitors that chatted and also chose to enter their email address in the Chat window:
- Go to the People section.
- Click + Add a filter and choose the
- Assistant automatically sets the Status of a profile to Lead when a visitor leaves their email address during a live chat. So just select Status
is Leadin the filter.
- If you want to, you change which columns of data you want to be included in the export. Just click the settings cog dropdown found at the far left hand side of the column headers.
- Next click the Actions button in the top right of the screen and select the Export as CSV option.
- Choose the Export visible columns option and a CSV will download that you can then open in Excel or Google sheets etc.
Does email capture create/update People profiles?
When a new visitor starts a live chat, GoSquared creates an anonymous profile in People CRM so that we can store their chat history. If the visitor submits their email address, GoSquared will attempt to autofill the users details by looking up their avatar, name, job title etc from their associated social profiles.
This People profile will have a 'Status' property set to Lead – learn more about statuses