Glossary of Default Properties
Last updated: 19th June, 2018
Each profile in Customer Data Hub has a list of default properties (fields/attributes) that we recommend you track. Properties are attributes/fields that help describe a user (such as their name, job title, phone number etc).
Some properties can be automatically updated by GoSquared, whilst others can only be updated if you are passing the information into GoSquared as part of your Customer Data Hub installation.
The following is a glossary of all the default properties and how they are updated:
Properties that can only be updated by you
- ID – the unique ID for this user. It can be useful to track/set the ID to be the same as one you already use in an existing customer database. However if you aren't explicitly tracking an ID as part of your People installation – GoSquared will automatically generate one from the user's email address. It will look like this: '
email:firstname.lastname@example.org'This typically happens if the profile has been created via an integration (e.g. Mailchimp, Zapier etc).
- Email – the user's email address.
- Username – an optional property that you can track if your users have 'usernames'.
Properties that you can update – or GoSquared will try to auto-fill them
If you already ask customers to provide this information, you can track it in GoSquared or update in manually. However if you don't have have this information, GoSquared will use the person's email address to try and automatically update these properties by scraping their public social profiles – learn more
- Name – the full name of the user.
- Avatar – a photo of the the user (GoSquared will try to find one from LinkedIn/Twitter etc).
- Company Name – who the user works for.
- Company Position – their job title/role.
- Company Industry – the sector/category that they work in.
- Company Size – the number of employees in their company.
- Phone Number – this person's phone number.
- Bio – a brief description about them (scraped from social data unless you provide one).
- Social – a list of all the social profiles that GoSquared could find from looking up the user's email address.
- Created – the time/date this profile was created in Customer Data Hub.
- Status – the status of the profile (i.e. is this profile a 'lead', or a 'customer'). You can set this manually but Assistant will also set some statuses automatically – learn more
- Klout Score (deprecated) – a way to measure somebody's social media influence. Scored as a number between 1 and 100 (where higher is better). Based on multiple factors like how often this person is re-tweeted etc (The Klout scoring service was discontinued on May 25th 2018).
Properties that come from GoSquared Analytics
All of these properties get automatically set and updated by the GoSquared Analytics tracking code.
- Pageviews – the total number of pages this person has viewed on your site.
- Visits – the total number of sessions this person has had on your site.
- Engaged Time – the total engaged time the user has spent on your site combined across all of their sessions.
- Country – the country that the user was in when they last visited your site/app from.
- City – the town/city that the user was in when they last visited your site/app.
- Last Seen – the time/date when this person was last seen online on your site/app.
- First Seen – the time/date when this person was first ever seen online on your site/app (including anonymous visits from before the signed up).
- Language – the language preference that is set on the person's browsing device.
- Organisation/ISP – the Internet Service Provider this person was using on their most recent visit (large companies will often be their own provider).
- IP Address – the most recent IP address of the user.
- Original Source URL – the referring URL from the user's first ever visit to your site (i.e the page that the visitor was on immediately before they clicked through to your site).
- Original Source Type – how the original referrer was categorised (e.g. another site, a social media link, direct, internal).
- Landing page path – the URL path (e.g.
/deals/black-friday) of the page that this person first ever visited.
- Landing page title – the title of the page (e.g. 'Black Friday Deals') that this person first ever visited.
- Original Campaign Name – if you are using UTM campaign tracking, this will be the Campaign Name from the link you used in your campaign (i.e the utm_campaign field found in your landing page URL).
- Original Campaign Medium – the UTM Campaign Medium found in the link you used in your campaign (i.e the utm_medium field found in your landing page URL).
- Original Campaign Source – the UTM Campaign Source that was found in the link you used in your campaign (i.e the utm_source field found in your landing page URL).
- Last viewed page path – the URL path of the page that this person was most recently on.
- Last viewed page title – the title of the page that this person was most recently on.
- Last Conversation – the time/date when you most recently chatted with a user. This excludes group messages sent through Broadcasts.
Custom properties are any attributes that you would like to track about your users that don't fit into our default list. You or somebody in your team will have decided what to name them and what they are for. They will show up in Customer Data Hub and GoSquared Inbox alongside our default properties. They'll be editable, searchable, filterable in just the same way.
You can track up to 1000 different custom properties. The custom properties can be either text, numbers, date/timestamps or booleans (true or false). Read more about them here.