Last updated: 15th February, 2021
Start using GoSquared Forms as the first step to turn visitors into customers. GoSquared Forms are simple lead gen forms that automatically push leads directly into the Customer Data Hub.
Capturing leads through a GoSquared Form has two huge benefits over traditional lead forms:
- Lead Analytics – GoSquared will automatically associate the visitor's past and future session activity with their lead profile. You can view everything they did before signing up and track if they come back in the future.
- Company and Social data enrichment – GoSquared will automatically enrich lead profiles with as much information as possible, such as their job title, avatar, company name etc.
If you use an alternative form, it won't be integrated with GoSquared Analytics. This means you won’t be able to track any of the lead's session activity.
GoSquared Analytics automatically tracks every anonymous visitor on your site. When a visitor submits their details through a GoSquared Form, we can associate all their past anonymous data with their new lead profile. This lets you know everything they did before signing up – including activity from previous sessions!
- Which site originally referred them.
- Which paid campaign originally drove them to your site.
- The original landing page that the visitor arrived at.
- How many visits a user made to your site before they converted.
- What pieces of content or products a they've already viewed while on your site
Assuming you've already installed GoSquared Analytics, all you need to do is copy any paste our example code below.
You can copy and paste this code on your site:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://forms.gosquared.com/forms.css" /> <form id="gosquared_form" action="https://forms.gosquared.com/post/GSN-123456-A" method="POST" target="_blank"> <label> <p>Email:</p> <input type="email" placeholder="firstname.lastname@example.org" name="email" required /> </label> <div> <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit" /> </div> <a href="https://forms.gosquared.com/r/GSN-123456-A" class="poweredby">Powered by <strong>GoSquared</strong></a> </form> <script src="https://forms.gosquared.com/forms.js" async></script>
In the script above, you will want to change both places you see the ‘Project Token’ (GSN-1234567-A) with the your unique Project Token, which you can find in your Project Settings.
Then you can just add any additional inputs that you like. The ‘name’ attribute is what we’ll use to create the property in GoSquared, so just make sure you include that in your new input fields.