How to uninstall and reinstall the Inbox App for Android
Last updated: 25th May, 2021
🆕 GoSquared recently released an update to our Inbox Android App, to resolve an issue which was disrupting Live Chat notifications.
To process the update, you will need to uninstall your current version & reinstall with the new version. Here’s how:
- Find the GoSquared Inbox app on your Android device.
- Tap & hold the app icon until you see the pop-up showing you the options to either Select, Remove or Uninstall (or similar) - see image below for an example of this:
- Choose Uninstall - this will completely remove all of our app data from your device.
- Tap OK to confirm that you want to uninstall the app - see image below:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “GoSquared”.
- You should see Inbox - Live Chat by GoSquared as your top result - see image below:
- Select Install to install the new version of our Inbox app onto your device.
- Select Open once app is installed.
- Enter your account sign in information (this is the same email address & password you would use to access GoSquared from your Desktop).
- Open GoSquared Inbox app on your device.
- Enter the sign-in information for your GoSquared account,
- If this is a new install of the app you will be taken through a short tour - you can set up notifications as part of this - see image below:
- Alternatively - select the Settings Cog icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Select Notifications.
- You can choose to enable notifications for all your GoSquared projects or only for specific projects.
- If the toggle switch is blue, notifications are enabled - if the toggle is grey, notifications are disabled - see image below
👋 If you have any questions about updating your Android App, just reach out to us via Live Chat!