Troubleshooting - Visitors Not Appearing
Last updated: 17th August, 2020
Why Are Visitors Not Appearing on My Dashboard?
Some Internet Browser Extensions and AdBlockers can prevent the GoSquared Snippet from rendering. This reduces the visibility of User sessions on your website.
When you test the tracking of your own interaction on your site, if you have any privacy extensions or plugins blocking GoSquared, you will not have visibility of your own sessions.
Examples of AdBlockers include Ghostery, AdBlock, AdGuard and uBlock.
This document explains how you can disable AdBlockers or whitelist the GoSquared website, and ensure GoSquared’s analytics can operate effectively.
- From the Chrome toolbar, click the Menu icon
- Select Tools, then from the submenu select Manage Extensions
- From the list of Extensions, select your Adblock
- Click Remove to uninstall Adblock Plus from your Chrome browser, or toggle Off to temporarily disable
- Open Settings from your browser
- From the drop-down, select Manage Add-ons
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions
- From the list, right-click on AdBlock, then select the option to Disable
- Select Disable once again in the pop-up window, to complete the AdBlock removal
From your Safari browser, click the Safari heading from your Menu bar
Select Preferences, then click Extensions from the pop-up window
This will display a list of your extensions. From the options, select your AdBlocker
Deselect the box to turn-off the AdBlock
- From your Firefox browser, select Tools then select Add-ons
- From the left-hand menu, click Extensions
- From the list of Extensions, find & select Adblock
- Click Disable to temporarily switch-off the AdBlock
From your Apps Drawer, select the Adblock icon
Drag the icon into the Trash can
Select and hold the AdBlock icon on your home-screen
When the icon begins to shake, tap the X on the top corner of the icon
Prefer to keep your AdBlock application active? Another option is to add GoSquared to the list of Trusted Websites or Whitelist of your AdBlocker.
This process will depend on which particular AdBlocker you use, but most applications will follow a process similar to this:
From your Internet browser toolbar, open your AdBlock Application
Select Trusted/Whitelist websites
Copy & Paste the URL below into the list, then close the application
Your AdBlocker will now remain active, but will no longer interfere with your Profile Tracking.
AdBlockers can also be the cause of problems loading GoSquared Assistant onto your website.
If your Assistant is not loading correctly, follow the guide here