GoSquared Analytics Service: Statement on Protecting Your Data
Who we are
Put simply, GoSquared Ltd ("GoSquared", "us" or "we") provides real-time web analytics services. Web analytics is about more than just tables and charts. It's about helping improve websites. Our UK registered company number is 05696757, and our registered address is 3 Barn Hawe, High Street, Edenbridge, Kent TN8 5AQ, United Kingdom.
Our analytics service and privacy
Please take a moment to read this statement to learn more about our information practices, including what type of information is gathered, how and for what purposes the information is used, who has access to the information, and how we safeguard it.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com at any time if you have any questions about GoSquared's policies and practices.
Providing services to our Customers
When providing the web analytics services described on www.gosquared.com, we act on behalf of our Customers (often known as a "processor" under the UK's Data Protection Act 1998) to collect information about the use of their websites ("Information"). Our Customers may use the Information that we collect, and other information that they collect or already hold, to analyse the use of their websites and improve or customise the use of their websites.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect includes:
- website traffic patterns
- statistics on the pages visited
- details on the routes that users take to access and leave the website
- Visitor details and demographics: country of origin and location, language spoken, browsers and computer platforms used
- Traffic sources: referring websites, search engines, social networks, marketing/advertising campaigns or direct channels
- Website content: traffic levels and activity on each page of the website
- Engagement and retention metrics, such as how long visitors spend on certain areas of the website and how many pages they have visited in current and previous browsing sessions
- Any other information our Customers choose to provide to our data tracking endpoints
- Identity information such as email address as provided to us by our Customers through our analytics service
How do we use the Information?
We don't own or control the Information. The Information belongs to our Customers, and we treat it as confidential to each Customer. Customers are able to extract Information from our data repositories, and use it without our involvement.
GoSquared may use the Information to compile aggregated and anonymised reports to exhibit statistical characteristics of websites using our analytics network. We may use this for marketing and PR purposes, as well as for benchmarking Customer websites against an aggregated representation of others. Apart from this, GoSquared does not use this Information in any way other than to provide, support, administer and improve, our web analytics services.
As part of our provision of our services to our Customers, we may use a limited amount if identity information (such as email address) to perform a look-up of publicly available contact and social information pertaining to an individual (such as social network accounts, website URLs, company information, profile photos) to enhance the service we provide.
We do not disclose the Information to anyone other than our Customers, except in the following circumstances:
- when instructed to do so by the relevant Customer
- to help us provide superior service, Information may be shared with legal entities within GoSquared's group globally who will safeguard it in accordance with this Statement
- to companies that GoSquared has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for GoSquared to provide or support our web analytics services. For example, we use Amazon Web Services to store Information, help process Information and to host our web analytics services.
As GoSquared operates its web analytics services globally, we may transfer the Information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) such as the United States of America. However, in all circumstances, we take steps to ensure that Information receives the same level of protection as within the EEA, that it is kept secure and used only in accordance with, and for the purposes explained in, this Statement.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose Information. We may also disclose Information if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
Cookies used for our web analytics services
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website and is stored on your device's storage drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser usually only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites send cookies whenever a user visits in order to track online traffic flows.
User identifier cookie, which stores a unique user id, page/visit counts, and last visit time.
Used to keep track of user within a browsing session.
How do you restrict or delete cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block cookies set by our Customer's websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of a website.
Our Customers' responsibilities
Our Customers are responsible for:
- ensuring that the Information is collected and used in compliance with applicable data protection laws
- the way that they choose to use the Information and the Information that they ask us to collect, ensuring that any Information they ask us to collect complies with all applicable privacy and security restrictions, and that they do not transmit any data of a damaging or sensitive nature to us.
- the use, confidentiality, and security, of usernames, passwords and API keys provided to them to access the Information collected by us
- controlling the way that their staff (and anyone that they give access to the Information to) use the Information
For the benefit of our Customers, we suggest that information such as that set out below is provided about our web analytics services:
This website uses web analysis services provided by Go Squared Ltd. ("GoSquared").
We control how the information collected about you is used. GoSquared will use it on our behalf to evaluate your use of this website and report to us about this website's operations. GoSquared may provide it to third parties if needs be, for example, in order to comply with the law or to third parties processing that information on behalf of GoSquared. GoSquared may also use the information we provide to look up publicly-available contact and social data related to you, so as to enable us to enhance your experience of this website. For more information on GoSquared's practices and policies, please see https://www.gosquared.com/legal/
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can do this through your browser settings - the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of this website.