Send more personal emails with the world’s best email service
We love MailChimp. We’ve been using MailChimp for years to send emails to our customers.
MailChimp is great for messaging our entire customer base. But we’ve always been frustrated by how hard it is to send emails to a segment of our customers – like only our London customers. Or only our annual paying customers. Or only the customers who have logged in in the last 30 days.
Because GoSquared integrates with so many other services, we have all the information we need to dive deep and see an incredibly focused segment of our customer base. For example, we can see our London customers, who are paying us annually, who have been online in the last 30 days – all in a few clicks. It’s ridiculously powerful to have this level of segmentation at your fingertips. But, until now, GoSquared People hasn’t been able to share any of its intelligence with MailChimp.
How the GoSquared MailChimp integration works
Now, connecting MailChimp to GoSquared opens up a world of new possibilities.
Here’s how it works:
- Create a Smart Group in GoSquared People. A Smart Group is a set of filters you can combine from all the events and properties you send to GoSquared. Think of Smart Groups as being just like playlists, except they’re for your users.
- Go to Site Settings > Services in GoSquared. Connect MailChimp to your account. If you don’t already have a MailChimp account, now’s the time to get one.
- In the MailChimp Service setup in GoSquared, choose a Smart Group. And then choose the MailChimp list you want to synchronise it with. We recommend creating a new empty list in MailChimp to get started.
- You’re ready to go! GoSquared will automatically keep your MailChimp list updated. All existing users in the Smart Group will be added to MailChimp immediately. As users enter your Smart Group, they’ll be added to your MailChimp list. As users leave the Smart Group, they’ll automatically be removed from MailChimp. Whenever anyone unsubcribes from your MailChimp List, they won’t be emailed again.
- Next time you want to send a well-tailored email, head to your new list in MailChimp and start writing, and get ready for your open rates and click through rates to jump through the roof.
That’s not all
The GoSquared MailChimp integration also continues to offer the popular functionality it already brought to the table. GoSquared automatically detects which lists your users and customers are subscribed to, so you can easily filter your user base by who’s subscribed to a specific list recently, and see which lists a users is on when dealing with support and sales queries.
Get started today
The new GoSquared MailChimp integration is designed to follow the “set it and forget it” principal – we don’t want you to worry about keeping your lists in sync. Let us handle that. GoSquared does the heavy lifting for you, so you can spend more time putting together a great email, and talking to your customers.
Excited to try this out? If you’re already using GoSquared People you can get set up in a few moments.
If you’re not using People yet, get started now with this handy guide.